MISSION STATEMENT at Spojená škola, Pankúchova
We aim to share and apply a common philosophy – a commitment to a high quality, challenging, international education founded in the principle of linking theory, practice, and real-life situations. We promote international mindedness whilst respecting and supporting the development of students’ needs and their unique personalities and supporting them to become multi-lingual lifelong learners who help to create peaceful and better world.
MIDDLE YEARS PROGRAMME – for children aged 11 – 16. The framework encourages students to make connections between their studies and the real world. It is five-year programme. MYP students are well-prepared to undertake the IB Diploma Program (IBD). MYP curriculum framework include eight subject groups:
Language and literature – MYP language and literature courses include a balanced study of genres and literary texts, including a world literature component.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – LLA
Language acquisition – the aims of MYP language acquisition are to encourage and enable students to:
- gain proficiency in an additional language while supporting maintenance of their mother tongue and cultural heritage,
- develop a respect for, and understanding of, diverse linguistic and cultural heritages,
- develop the communication skills necessary for further language learning, and for study, work and leisure in a range of contexts,
- develop multi-literacy skills through the use of a range of learning tools.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – LA
Sciences – the MYP sciences group aims to encourage and enable students to:
- understand and appreciate science and its implications,
- consider science as a human endeavour with benefits and limitations,
- cultivate analytical, inquiring and flexible minds that pose questions, solve problems, construct explanations and judge arguments,
- develop skills to design and perform investigations, evaluate evidence and reach conclusions.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – SCIENCES
Mathematics – the MYP is tailored to the needs of students, seeking to intrigue and motivate them to want to learn its principles. Students should see authentic examples of how mathematics is useful and relevant to their lives and be encouraged to apply it to new situations.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – MATHS
Arts – in the MYP stimulate young imaginations, challenge perceptions, and develop creative and analytical skills. The course encourages students to understand the context and cultural histories of artworks, supporting the development of an inquiring and empathetic worldview. Arts challenge and enrich personal identity and build awareness of the aesthetic in a real-world context.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – ARTS
Physical and health education – Students engaged in physical and health education will explore a variety of concepts that help foster an awareness of physical development and health perspectives, as well as positive social interaction.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – PHE
Design – it challenges all students to:
- apply practical and creative thinking skills to solve design problems,
- explore the role of design in both historical and contemporary context,
- consider their responsibilities when making design decisions and taking actions.
Subject Group Overview at Spojená škola, Pankúchova 6 – DESIGN
Students learn best when their learning experiences have context and are connected to their lives and their experience of the world that they have experienced.
MYP students develop an understanding of their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet through developmentally appropriate explorations of inquiring 6 global contexts:
- identities and relationships,
- personal and cultural expression,
- orientations in space and time,
- scientific and technical innovation,
- fairness and development,
- globalization and sustainability.