Spojená škola, Pankúchova is a candidate school* for the Diploma Programme (IBD). This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (IB DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guaranteethat authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (DP) – it is a continuum of the MYP for students aged 16 – 19. IB DP is graduation program. The assessment of graduation consists internal (assessed at school and in abroad) and external part (assessed only abroad). It is respected by leading universities across the globe. The IB Diploma Programme was established in 1968 to provide an international education that would enable young people to better understand and manage the complexities of our world. IB DP provides a challenging, internationally focused, broad and balanced educational experience for students. Students study six subject and curriculum core concurrently over two years. The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge – students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what claim to know.
- The extended essay – is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000 – word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service – students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
You an find course selection guidance here.
The final exams of the IB DP have been declared equivalent to the Slovak maturita exams by the Ministry of Education of Slovak Republic. This allows IB DP graduate students to apply to Slovak, Czech or any other University of their choice.
MISSION STATEMENT at Spojená škola, Pankúchova
We aim to share and apply a common philosophy – a commitment to a high quality, challenging, international education founded in the principle of linking theory, practice, and real-life situations. We promote international mindedness whilst respecting and supporting the development of students’ needs and their unique personalities and supporting them to become multi-lingual lifelong learners who help to create peaceful and better world.